Mittwoch, 9. Oktober 2013

Muesli with Chia Seeds

Hey all,

I was wondering: How do you start your day?
If I have to work I don't take the time to eat something at home. I am more of an evening person and I find it so hard to get up at 7:30am.
People would say: "you will get used to it". Well - I don't. Really!
If I could, I would sleep until 11am and then work until midnight. I also can concentrate better in the evening.

But back to the topic.
I usually have a big box of self-made muesli at my desk. I used to buy the normal boxed of Muesli but the figured out how much sugar it consists. I find that very mean. You think you eat something healthy and then it is full with sugar.

But well, since a few weeks I eat my self-made muesli.
It consists only of cornflakes, roasted unsalted nuts, sunflower seeds and chia seeds. I usually mix it with fresh fruits like a banana, berries or apple and plain yoghurt. Today it was milk.

Looks good don't you think?




During the weekends I of course do take some time to eat a proper meal. Maybe I show you some pictures on Sunday.

And for these who don't know what chia seeds are:

They are one of the most natural food. They have a long list of health benefits including a good source of healthy omega-3 fats, calcium and fiber. They increase your energy level, reduce the blood pressure and lowers the blood sugar.
The essential fatty acids contained in Chia seeds help to speed up your metabolism and increase lean muscle mass. Adding the seeds to your diet will help you feel full and provide nutrients while adding very few calories.
It Detoxes the Body. The swelling action of Chia in the body helps to cleanse the colon and absorb toxins. Chia seeds are an excellent source of antioxidants. They even contain more than blueberries.

2 tablespoons of Chia = 7 grams of fiber, 2 grams of protein, 205 milligrams of calcium, 5 grams omega-3
And the best, they don't have any "strange taste". I usually put them in my muesli. I also use them in Milkshakes, Juices or Smoothies.


Oh, and for late I brought a very nice treatment today. lovechock...mhhhh! So good! My favorite taste is pineapple/ incaberry. What is your favorite?



Many greetings,
Susann

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen